Steve Bruces injury hit Newcastle side are up against Frank Lampards Chelsea in Saturday’s late kick-off.
Newcastle come into this game on the back of a 1-1 draw away at Wolves, but are without a win in their last four league games.
However, Joelinton ended a five-month goal drought in Newcastle’s FA Cup win to give the misfiring striker renewed confidence.
Newcastle are without a win in their last four league games
Whereas Chelsea are still trying to rediscover a bit of consistency and will be looking to carry the momentum from their 3-0 victory when they hosted Burnley last time out.
talkSPORTs GameDay will bring you all the action from this Premier League clash and heres how you can tune in to it all.
Newcastle vs Chelsea: How to listen
The Premier League clash will get under way at 17:30pm on Saturday, January 18.
Full commentary from St James Park will be live on talkSPORT, with our coverage starting at 14:45pm.
talkSPORT will bring you all the build-up before switching to a live and exclusive commentary.
To tune in, just click here for the live stream or click the radio player below.
You can also listen through the talkSPORT App, on DAB Digital Radio or on MW 1053 or 1089.
For more information about how to listen LIVE on talkSPORT click here.
Jason Cundy compares John Terry’s achievements to Virgil van Dijk’s in ‘Greatest Of All Time’ debate
Newcastle vs Chelsea: Head-to-head
Recent history between the two sides favours Chelsea with the Blues winning five of the last seven Premier League meetings.
Chelsea have won three of the last four clashes between the two with the last defeat coming on the final day of the 2017/18 season when a Dwight Gayle opener and two Ayoze Perez goals ensured the points stayed in the north east.
A Marcos Alonso goal was all that separated the teams when they last met in October at Stamford Bridge to help Chelsea make it five wins in a row in all competitions.
Marcos Alonso scored the winner for Chelsea the last time these two sides met
Newcastle vs Chelsea: The facts
- Newcastle have taken just four points from their last eight Premier League games against Chelsea (W1 D1 L6), losing each of their last three meetings in a row.
- Chelsea are looking to record consecutive away Premier League wins against Newcastle United for the first time since winning 2-0 in both 2007/08 and 2008/09.
- Chelsea have only beaten Tottenham Hotspur (29 wins) more often in the Premier League than they have Newcastle United (25 wins).
- Newcastle have lost their last two Premier League home games, conceding as many goals in those defeats as they had in their previous seven combined at St James Park (5).
- Despite having the joint-second highest points tally away from home in the Premier League this season (22), Chelsea have kept just one clean sheet on the road this term, conceding 19 goals in their 11 games.
- Four different English players have scored a combined 20 Premier League goals for Chelsea this season, the most on both counts in a season for the Blues since 2012/13 (5 players scoring 23 goals).
- Newcastle manager Steve Bruce has won just one of his 22 Premier League games against Chelsea (D5 L16). In home games, Bruce is winless in 10 games against the Blues (D2 L8), the joint-most games without winning against an opponent at home in the Premier League, along with Martin ONeill against both Arsenal and Man Utd (10 games, 0 wins).
- As a player, Chelseas Frank Lampard faced teams managed by Steve Bruce on 17 occasions in the Premier League and lost none of those games (W13 D4); the only player to face a managers teams more often and not lose is John Terry, also against Bruce (18 W14 D4).
- Newcastles Miguel Almiron has scored with each of his last two shots on target in the Premier League, having failed to find the net with any of his first 15 such efforts in the competition.
- Chelseas Willian has initiated four sequences leading to goals in the Premier League this season after winning possession back from the opposition, more than any other player in the competition.
Frank Lampard has never lost a game to a side managed by Steve Bruce
Newcastle vs Chelsea: Team news
Newcastle have a number of players suffering from injury with Paul Dummett, Jack Colback, Javi Manquillo and Dwight Gayle all ruled out.
Other players who are a doubt for Saturday but have a chance of making an appearance are Fabian Schar, Yoshinori Muto, DeAndre Yedlin, Ki Sung-Yeung and Allan Saint-Maximin.
Frank Lampards Chelsea will be without Christian Pulisic, Marco van Ginkel and Ruben Loftus-Cheek while NGolo Kante and Marcos Alonso could return from injury setbacks.